Friday, June 27, 2008

ESL Final EUDC 2008

The draw for the ESL final:

1G Tel Aviv A
1O HSoG A
2G Leiden A
2O BBU A

on the motion: "This house would allow soldiers to opt out of individual conflict for personal reasons."

The finals are held in Kaarli Church, an ancient church in the centre of Tallinn.


After the final, there was a SMS-text-lottery in which participants could send a textmessage to a specific number and indicate their favoured team of the debate. The numbers were around 55 % in favour of HSoG A, 25% voted for Leiden A, 12% for BBU A and 8% for Tel Aviv A.

Just before the debate, I had to opt out of judging the debate because of a sudden migraine attack. I'll spare you my life story, and I am feeling a little better now, but still wanted to express my gratitude to Jenny Harrison, who took over for me despite the short notice. Thank you!

No comments: