Thursday, January 4, 2007

Opposition Whip Speech - Grand Final

Anna Garsia on behalf of Sydney G:

1. Interaction with economics
- Costs get passed on. Need to see that restructuring is actually cheaper than buying credits ... hm, right.
- Business has political capital ... PoI (Will Jones): The Opp model kind of also requires universal subscription.

2. Some people are carrying the costs to a greater exent than others.

3. Restructuring is conducted by those who cannot afford credits ... HUH?

4. Credit systems vs. tax systems
- All right, the EU system was shit ... this is not exciting.

Hmmmmm ... my hunch: Team Oxbridge beat Team Australia. I'll hand this over to Jens for the sophisticated stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your hunch is correct from what I've read. Thanks to you and Jens for your speaker-by-speaker reporting. It's been fantastic.

Kiwi Claire

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I take back all I said (except for my thanks to our two fantastic German correspondents.)

What I was reading of people's blogs was one thing - but being there and seeing the debate live was obviously another. If 9 judges saw it unanimously, then that's a powerfully big win to the dynamic duo from Sydney G. Many congratulations to them!

Kiwi Claire