Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Concerning official results

I talked to CA Derek Lande yesterday about obtaining teams' results after R6 because many people have an interest in them, obviously. His (preliminary) answer was that the will probably not release anything before the break, because of several teams that did not have any points as of now, and because some people might feel that this was unfair to them. I do not share those concerns, but it is obviously not my call.

So we will need to rely on backtabbing and people that post their results here. When I get updates I'll let you know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. I thought the 'all-must-have-prizes' and 'none-shall-come-last' mentality (if one must indeed subscribe to it) belonged in the primary school and not in a tournament for highly intelligent grown-ups. But if we must be nice to the bin rooms why not at least publish the top however-many teams? There are loads of us all over the world avid for any scrap of news, wishing to enjoy the contest as it develops, keen to support our friends but anxious not to distract them by constantly texting. Thanks very much for all you are managing to do, Jens.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Irene completely, publish the top ~75 teams.

Kiwi Claire said...

Hi there Irene, here we are again hunched over our computers across the world, awaiting results. To use the Jeremy Rich (from Australia) phrase what "debating tragics" we are!!

Anonymous said...

I'd feel a bit less tragic if I hadn't spent the last 6 days in my bed - that was my Christmas holiday!

But it's great that Jens is blogging - shall we follow the final together again, glass in hand? I'll have the gin and you can have the tonic and lime! :)